Report online or call us on 101. Always call 999 in an emergency.

Notifying gun sales and purchases

Firearms legislation requires that details of all transfers of firearm and shotguns are notified in writing and sent to:

Firearms and Explosives Licensing Unit
Sussex Police Headquarters
Malling House
Church Lane
East Sussex

This includes sales/acquisitions abroad.

We will accept notification via letter, fax or email to

Both parties are required to notify including details of any sharing arrangements.

Download the transfer form Notification of Transfer/Disposal of a Firearm/Shot Gun (non-statutory).