Report online or call us on 101. Always call 999 in an emergency.

If you have lost your UK passport you should report it as soon as possible to the passport office. They can be contacted on their advice line 0300 222 0000 8am - 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am - 5.30pm weekends and public holidays.

Alternatively you can use the website to submit a report online.

We do not retain nor return passports handed into police stations. These are always sent back to the passport office.

Please note: If the lost item is a non-UK Passport, please do not complete the form below as you are required to report this in person at a police station.

If you think your item(s) may have been stolen, please report on the theft or burglary form.

If you are able to hand-in lost property at a police station, please check locations and opening hours on our Police Sites page (this will open in a new browser tab or window).

Please tick ONE option from the following list – this will enable us to process your report more efficiently

Please include town and postcode

Please provide information such as make, model, serial number, colour, value etc.
This is a 15 digit number found on the original box or contract paperwork and acts as a unique identifier for the device
Please be as detailed as possible