Report online or call us on 101. Always call 999 in an emergency.

Frequently Asked Questions

Do you have a question about policing or the law? You may be able to find the answer here.

Through our frequently asked questions section we aim to help you find the answers you need without having to call us to ask for information. We've provided answers to questions on a range of topics which are regularly asked of police forces up and down the country.

Download the Ask The Police app from the following app stores:

Get it on iTunes Get it on Google Play

The RSPCA state that if the animal is uninjured it should be left alone and will more than likely wander back into an area of safety. If the animal is injured, then contact the RSPCA on 0300 1234 999 who will be able to advise you.

However, in circumstances where it is likley that the animal or other road user will be placed in danger or injured, e.g. on a busy main road, it may be advisable to contact the police who will deal with the situation.

Current rating

1 2 3 4 5

Answers in this FAQ section are provided by the 'Ask the Police' website. Produced by the Police National Legal Database (PNLD) team, 'Ask the Police' is an official police site approved by the National Police Chiefs Council (NPCC). All FAQ answers are © PNLD.