Report online or call us on 101. Always call 999 in an emergency.

Frequently Asked Questions

Do you have a question about policing or the law? You may be able to find the answer here.

Through our frequently asked questions section we aim to help you find the answers you need without having to call us to ask for information. We've provided answers to questions on a range of topics which are regularly asked of police forces up and down the country.

Download the Ask The Police app from the following app stores:

Get it on iTunes Get it on Google Play

Dead animals found by the roadside are normally the result of road traffic accidents. If you do not wish to remove or dispose of the carcass yourself, your local Council (non-trunk roads) or the Highways Agency (Tel: 08457 50 40 30) (trunk roads such as main 'A' roads and motorways) may be able to offer assistance.

Natural England may undertake to collect a carcase if there is strong evidence to suggest that the animal has been poisoned by pesticides; if you suspect this to be the case you should telephone the Wildlife Incident Investigation Scheme on 0800 321600.
If you have any reason to believe that the badger was deliberately killed then the matter should be reported to the Wildlife Crime Officer at your local police station.

For more information please see the related website.

Current rating

1 2 3 4 5

Answers in this FAQ section are provided by the 'Ask the Police' website. Produced by the Police National Legal Database (PNLD) team, 'Ask the Police' is an official police site approved by the National Police Chiefs Council (NPCC). All FAQ answers are © PNLD.