Frequently Asked Questions
Do you have a question about policing or the law? You may be able to find the answer here.
Through our frequently asked questions section we aim to help you find the answers you need without having to call us to ask for information. We've provided answers to questions on a range of topics which are regularly asked of police forces up and down the country.
Download the Ask The Police app from the following app stores:
There are a number of things you can do,
- Notify all companies/organisations that you are moving, see below for a guide of who to notify.
- Redirect your mail, see website in related information, you can register for a minimum of a month and for a maximum of 2 years.
- Register with the Mail Preference Service, you can register your new and previous address, see website in related information.
- If possible call round at your previous address to collect any stray mail that may have been delivered.
Suggested list of organisations to notify on moving house,
- telephone provider
- mobile phone network
- local authority
- gas and electric companies
- water authority
- credit card companies
- banks/building societies
- GP's surgery
- DVLA for driving licence
- vehicle documents, V5 etc
- any organisation/society that you are a member of
- TV licence
- any guarantees that you have
- cable/satellite TV companies
- loyalty cards