Report online or call us on 101. Always call 999 in an emergency.

Frequently Asked Questions

Do you have a question about policing or the law? You may be able to find the answer here.

Through our frequently asked questions section we aim to help you find the answers you need without having to call us to ask for information. We've provided answers to questions on a range of topics which are regularly asked of police forces up and down the country.

Download the Ask The Police app from the following app stores:

Get it on iTunes Get it on Google Play

You should initially speak to the solicitor dealing with your case about the issues you are not satisfied with. If you are still not satisfied then you should speak to the relevant partner in the firm. When you instruct a solicitor you should receive a client care letter which will set out details of who to complain to if you are not satisfied with the service you have received. If you are still not satisfied then you should complain to the Legal Ombudsman, see the website in related information.

Current rating

1 2 3 4 5

Answers in this FAQ section are provided by the 'Ask the Police' website. Produced by the Police National Legal Database (PNLD) team, 'Ask the Police' is an official police site approved by the National Police Chiefs Council (NPCC). All FAQ answers are © PNLD.