Report online or call us on 101. Always call 999 in an emergency.

Frequently Asked Questions

Do you have a question about policing or the law? You may be able to find the answer here.

Through our frequently asked questions section we aim to help you find the answers you need without having to call us to ask for information. We've provided answers to questions on a range of topics which are regularly asked of police forces up and down the country.

Download the Ask The Police app from the following app stores:

Get it on iTunes Get it on Google Play

You need to contact your solicitor to see if they can resolve the issue and if not, seek another hearing in front of the judge.

The police have no powers to go and remove the child unless there is concern for the child's safety. However, the police will do a welfare check on your child to confirm that the child is fit and well if there are possible concerns over their wellbeing.

See also the web app provided by the Department for Work and Pensions 'Sorting out separation' (link in related information).

Current rating

1 2 3 4 5

Answers in this FAQ section are provided by the 'Ask the Police' website. Produced by the Police National Legal Database (PNLD) team, 'Ask the Police' is an official police site approved by the National Police Chiefs Council (NPCC). All FAQ answers are © PNLD.