Frequently Asked Questions
Do you have a question about policing or the law? You may be able to find the answer here.
Through our frequently asked questions section we aim to help you find the answers you need without having to call us to ask for information. We've provided answers to questions on a range of topics which are regularly asked of police forces up and down the country.
Download the Ask The Police app from the following app stores:
Police and Crime Commissioners aim to cut crime and deliver an effective and efficient police service within the force area. They are working towards this by:
- holding the chief constable to account for the delivery of the force
- setting and updating a police and crime plan
- setting the force budget and precept
- regularly engaging with the public and communities
- appointing, and where necessary dismissing, the chief constable.
See Q790 for the powers of a Police and Crime Commissioner and see the website in related information to find out about your local Police and Crime Commissioner.