Report online or call us on 101. Always call 999 in an emergency.

Frequently Asked Questions

Do you have a question about policing or the law? You may be able to find the answer here.

Through our frequently asked questions section we aim to help you find the answers you need without having to call us to ask for information. We've provided answers to questions on a range of topics which are regularly asked of police forces up and down the country.

Download the Ask The Police app from the following app stores:

Get it on iTunes Get it on Google Play

Although there is no specific offence of supplying alcohol to children whilst in your own home, there could well be issues in relation to inducing a child and issues relating to the protection of children. These issues could be difficult to prove but it is still worth contacting your local police force and passing on the information. Each case will have to be assessed on its own merits.

It is also advisable to contact all the parents of children concerned to inform them of the situation.

Current rating

1 2 3 4 5

Answers in this FAQ section are provided by the 'Ask the Police' website. Produced by the Police National Legal Database (PNLD) team, 'Ask the Police' is an official police site approved by the National Police Chiefs Council (NPCC). All FAQ answers are © PNLD.