Report online or call us on 101. Always call 999 in an emergency.

Frequently Asked Questions

Do you have a question about policing or the law? You may be able to find the answer here.

Through our frequently asked questions section we aim to help you find the answers you need without having to call us to ask for information. We've provided answers to questions on a range of topics which are regularly asked of police forces up and down the country.

Download the Ask The Police app from the following app stores:

Get it on iTunes Get it on Google Play

There are a number of organisations who may be responsible, depending on whether the drain is inside property boundaries or part of a public network.The initial points of contact for any blockages would be the water company or the highways authority.

If there is flooding in the road, you should contact the highways department of your local authority who will take appropriate action to resolve the situation. The Citizens Advice Bureau provide more information on this; for a link to their website and to find your local council please see the websites in related information.

Current rating

1 2 3 4 5

Answers in this FAQ section are provided by the 'Ask the Police' website. Produced by the Police National Legal Database (PNLD) team, 'Ask the Police' is an official police site approved by the National Police Chiefs Council (NPCC). All FAQ answers are © PNLD.