Frequently Asked Questions
Do you have a question about policing or the law? You may be able to find the answer here.
Through our frequently asked questions section we aim to help you find the answers you need without having to call us to ask for information. We've provided answers to questions on a range of topics which are regularly asked of police forces up and down the country.
Download the Ask The Police app from the following app stores:
All skips are registered with the local authority. If you contact the local authority they will be able to contact the company required to remove the skip.
The permission to place the skip could have conditions attached such as,
- the siting of the skip;
- its dimensions;
- the making of it being visible;
- the care and disposal of its contents;
- the manner in which it is to be lighted or guarded;
- its removal at the end of the period of permission.
There are also conditions attached to the owner of the skip who must ensure,
- that the skip is lighted during the hours of darkness (and if it must be marked under regulations that it is in fact marked),
- that the skip is clearly and indelibly marked with the owner's name and telephone number or address;
- that the skip is removed as soon as practicable after it has been filled;
- that the conditions subject to the permission being granted is complied with.
See the websites in related information for more details, for information regarding how to hire a skip, and to find your local authority.