Frequently Asked Questions
Do you have a question about policing or the law? You may be able to find the answer here.
Through our frequently asked questions section we aim to help you find the answers you need without having to call us to ask for information. We've provided answers to questions on a range of topics which are regularly asked of police forces up and down the country.
Download the Ask The Police app from the following app stores:
- Switch off the appliance immediately.
- Do not use again until repaired/replaced.
- Shut off the gas at the supply.
- Call National Grid on 0800 111 999.
- Open all doors and windows to ventilate the room.
- Contact your GP/casualty or an ambulance depending on the seriousness of the effects.
- Ensure the appliance is fixed/repaired by a Gas Safe registered repairer.