Frequently Asked Questions
Do you have a question about policing or the law? You may be able to find the answer here.
Through our frequently asked questions section we aim to help you find the answers you need without having to call us to ask for information. We've provided answers to questions on a range of topics which are regularly asked of police forces up and down the country.
Download the Ask The Police app from the following app stores:
The Environment Agency has a lot of information on flooding, including whether your home is at risk or flooding, how to prepare for a flood, and up to date flood warnings. The information can be found at:
There is also a telephone number to ring: 0845 988 1188, which will give you up to date information on flood warnings.
Some simple steps which the Environment Agency suggest to take, which should help lessen the damage flooding can cause, are:
- Turn of gas, water and electricity supplies at main.
- Unplug all electrical items.
- Move as much furniture and valuable items upstairs as possible.
- For heavy furniture try and lift them off the floor using bricks or similar.
- Use sandbags and sealant around doors and windows to try and stop water entering.
- Take up carpet and rugs if possible and remove curtains or hang them over the rails to protect them.