Frequently Asked Questions
Do you have a question about policing or the law? You may be able to find the answer here.
Through our frequently asked questions section we aim to help you find the answers you need without having to call us to ask for information. We've provided answers to questions on a range of topics which are regularly asked of police forces up and down the country.
Download the Ask The Police app from the following app stores:
Below is very basic fire safety advice, more detailed advice can be found on the websites in 'Related information' at the right of this page:
- Fit your house with smoke alarms
- Never leave candles burning unattended
- Keep matches and lighters out of the reach of children
- Do not overload plug sockets
- Make sure all cigarettes are properly extinguished
- Unplug all electrical equipment at night
- Get your fire and boiler regularly checked
- Check all electrical equipment for signs of fraying wires