Frequently Asked Questions
Do you have a question about policing or the law? You may be able to find the answer here.
Through our frequently asked questions section we aim to help you find the answers you need without having to call us to ask for information. We've provided answers to questions on a range of topics which are regularly asked of police forces up and down the country.
Download the Ask The Police app from the following app stores:
Yes, there is an offence of being in charge of a motor vehicle whilst being over the permitted limit. Each case would be judged on its own merits but the officers would be looking at
- whether you had the keys for the vehicle
- were you in the vehicle at the time
- what were you doing at the time
- whether there was anyone else in or near the vehicle
- what evidence is there that you were intending to drive the vehicle