Report online or call us on 101. Always call 999 in an emergency.

Frequently Asked Questions

Do you have a question about policing or the law? You may be able to find the answer here.

Through our frequently asked questions section we aim to help you find the answers you need without having to call us to ask for information. We've provided answers to questions on a range of topics which are regularly asked of police forces up and down the country.

Download the Ask The Police app from the following app stores:

Get it on iTunes Get it on Google Play

There are restrictions on street trading and busking for young children, they are not permitted to do it unless the local authority has a by-law which permits them to be employed in street trading whilst employed for their parents or guardians. It is best to contact your local authority if you wish to employ your child in street trading or busking .

The child must not be employed in a job that is harmful to the safety, health and development of the child and it must not interfere with school attendance or work experience. Also the child must not be employed to lift, carry or move anything so heavy as to be likely to cause injury to her/him.

Current rating

1 2 3 4 5

Answers in this FAQ section are provided by the 'Ask the Police' website. Produced by the Police National Legal Database (PNLD) team, 'Ask the Police' is an official police site approved by the National Police Chiefs Council (NPCC). All FAQ answers are © PNLD.