Report online or call us on 101. Always call 999 in an emergency.

Frequently Asked Questions

Do you have a question about policing or the law? You may be able to find the answer here.

Through our frequently asked questions section we aim to help you find the answers you need without having to call us to ask for information. We've provided answers to questions on a range of topics which are regularly asked of police forces up and down the country.

Download the Ask The Police app from the following app stores:

Get it on iTunes Get it on Google Play

It is possible that this type of behaviour could constitute harassment (see Related Information). However, it would probably be best if you firstly made contact with your local neighbourhood policing team who may be aware of other incidents and know the identity of the youths involved (if you don't). Police Community Support Officers are a valuable source of information.

The officers may be able to consider applying for civil injunctions or Criminal Behaviour Orders if the same youths are persistently causing a community problem with these types of nuisance activities. You should be aware that these types of problems are not solved overnight, a lot of hard work is required by both officers and members of the community to combat anti social behaviour.

Current rating

1 2 3 4 5

Answers in this FAQ section are provided by the 'Ask the Police' website. Produced by the Police National Legal Database (PNLD) team, 'Ask the Police' is an official police site approved by the National Police Chiefs Council (NPCC). All FAQ answers are © PNLD.